Tuesday, December 4, 2018

30-Day Hip-Hop Song Challenge Days 1-4




So, it's three days into December, and I attempted something similar last year. I thought I'd try something a little more specific to my genre, so here it is: the 30-Day Hip-Hop Song Challenge. It's a year old, but eff it.

I'm prolly gonna fail a lot of this because I just haven't been paying a lot of attention lately to my genre as I'm not too keen on what direction it's taking. Weird, I know. But it's like family. You are a part of it, but you don't have to be down with whatever they're doing.

Come to that, I'm not sure I can do all of this at all. But then, it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

I'm doing days 1-4 to play catch up. And apologies in advance if you get double posts on Fridays, because I have regular blogs scheduled.

Day One: "Favourite intro track to a project".

Ugh. Uhm...




De La Soul-- "Intro", "3 Feet High and Rising"

IDK. This is just the goofiest intro ever. It has an amazing level of "WTH?!" factor going for it, which is what makes it so endearing.



Day Two: "Favourite track on your favourite album".

That's hard. What even is my favourite hip-hop album?

I think I can pick one of my favourites. I'm warning you: most of these are like Golden Era af because that's my fave time. And prolly weird af too...







Beastie Boys-- "Shadrach", "Paul's Boutique"

I wore this album out. I had tracks that I loved more than others, but this one was definitely one of my faves. So many people slept on this album.





Day Three: "Favourite track of 2017  2018 so far".

(I did say it was a year old.)

Also hard. Like I said, haven't been paying attention...

Okay--you're gonna think this is a cheat but it really isn't.



  The Real Mike Wilson--"Blk Jesus"

So effin' what he's mah boy. This track here kills a lotta shxt out there. Deal with it.


Day Four: "Favourite remix to a track".

Here's one.




Naughty By Nature-- "Uptown Anthem"

I guess you could technically call this a remix, since the original mix did not have that "naughty" sample in it. IDKY, but that one tiny thing made this track better to me. It gave it a bit of purrsonality.

No comments: