Saturday, September 8, 2018

On "The Industry"...

Someone said to me recently, whilst mansplaining and making the bitter mistake of assuming that I was some naive neophyte, that I "didn't understand The Industry" I'm "trying to break into". Said it to me because I'd stated that a song that's out right now is rather lazy songwriting.๐Ÿ˜น

Really, dude?


Here's the thang, though, Nancy.
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพI'm. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพNot. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพTrying. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพTo. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพBreak. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพInto. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพThe. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸพIndustry.

NTM I've probably ate, slept, and shat more understanding about music facts, knowledge, and trivia than that person could ever fathom. That person doesn't realise that the business has changed, or they wouldn't be so reliant on the machinations of "The Industry"-- or as Carlos Castillo would say, "the in-DUH-stry".


Eff The Industry.

Indies have proven time and time and time again that they don't need them. They can make a living on their own, and fame is just a bonus.

I'm about making a living, and doing what I love. I'm doing all the administration for my family's label with very little, so they need to go to the State Farm Arena or the Superdome, walk in, and have AAAAAAALLLLLL the seats. Any seats they want. And don't get comfy, because they will get a rather rude awakening.


No comments: