Saturday, December 22, 2018

30-Day Hip-Hop Song Challenge Days 17-22


Hey... I know, I know. Falling off. But I've been very busy with the holidays and with prepping for a show I just did. Back on track now...

Day 17: "Favourite track on your favourite mixtape".
I got nada. (via Giphy)

Day 18: "Favourite track by Kanye West".

Does something you kinda sorta found funny in passing count?




Kanye West-- Gold Digger

Thought it was sorta kinda funny once upon a time. Haven't listened to it since it was a thing.


Day 19: "Favourite freestyle".




The Real Mike Wilson--Freestyle For Issac Simon

Hey. I support mah peeples.


Day 20: "Favourite track with more than three features".

C'mon, sun... how could it not be this??




A Tribe Called Quest-- "Scenario"

Dude--this shxt has three featured people but like mad verses. Bending the rules.




Day 21: "Favourite simp track".

Okay... WTF. From what I understand this is:

--Simp (v): To intensively and confidently express your emotions through talking it out, listening to music, social media, etc.


Or:

--A man who puts women on a pedestal when she clearly doesn't deserve it. He thinks all women are victims and they barely do any wrong. He usually does this to gain favor with women aka try to have sex with her.


Or...


--(S)uckas - (I)dolizing - (M)ediocre - (P)ussy -- Basically someone who gives redundant and over the top attention to women that are of far less value than the attention or praise given. Usually the recipient of this praise is knowing of this and is taking full advantage knowing this fact.....Thus the term "sucka" is the main attribute and usually the results in the pending downfall of this kind of man. 

Uhmmm...wow. "When it rains it pours", huh? All I hear is "I can't write about anything emotional because if I do, mah boys and errybody gonna think I'm soft and on top of that I don't get no pussy myself so I'ma hate on the dude who does, and you know what else? I'm briny as fxck about it, so I say the dude is a sucka for some random bxtch and whipped and keep on writing a bunch of misogynistic basic shxt and that's that cuz that's the way of the Real Man™."


Actual picture of the people who think like this.
I'm-a need something to go with this salt...

...there ya go. (via tenor)

FOH.


Anyway...




I...guess it's this...?   

Eminem-- "Crazy In Love"

It's extremely relatable. Totally nails the toxic relationship and gets visceral. And it meets all of the above stupid criteria.



Day 22: "Favourite track from the 90s".

Awh, man...

I listened to a lot of stuff and cannot pick a fave so I'm just gonna go with this:




Cypress Hill-- "Insane In The Brain"

IDK. I liked shxt that was different--Cypress Hill were definitely that; even if some of the trappings they rhymed about were typical, their sound was not.

No comments: