Thursday, December 7, 2017

30-Day Music Challenge: Day Seven




Pretty happy I've gone a week without falling off of this, LOL

So now it's "a song to drive to".

Fun Fact: I... don't drive. I really should, though.

I can think of some rides I have taken where certain songs have just felt good.

Here's one.




Metallica-- "Dyers Eve".

I legit had a copy of this on cassette and wore it entirely out (I still have it somewhere). Despite that, I never learned/remembered all the lyrics to everything but there were always lines that stuck out. Listening to "...And Justice For All" has always been about the visceral feelings the music invoked, punctuated by the lyrics. Just the way the first track kicks in is everything. I used to back it up just to hear the chords again and again.

Metallica has always felt like classical to me, the way it was arranged. Maybe that's part of why I could appreciate their earlier stuff.
Has Vitamin String Quartet done this album? They really should.
(They've done a tribute. Okay. Close enough.)

No comments: