Thursday, March 21, 2013

25-Day Song Challenge--DAY 6


Day 06: A song that reminds you of a best friend.
Huh.
My best friend is my boyfriend of five years, Peace. He's probably the bestest friend I have ever had, TBH. I'm not just saying that because he's the father of my cubs, either. He walked in when everyone else walked out; 'nuff said; g'night. Fierce loyalty, not fairweather, always down for fxckin' whatever. If I ever found a female friend with that kinda loyalty, I'd get on my knees and thank God/dess. 
I have pretty good female friends, old friends, and people who I admire and get on well with, but my best friend is Peace. And, honestly, to find one song that reminds me of him in a friendship context is damned difficult.
But I'll try, anyway.
Uhm...
I got it.





Otherside--Red Hot Chili Peppers.

On my birthday one year we went to a karaoke bar (that I will never set foot in again, I guess) and he got onstage with his then-chyck and tried--TRIED-- to sing this song. I was so tickled by it cuz he wasn't even trying to read the lyrics, LOL. That's why I use emphasis on "tried"! I thought it took some cojones, and it was definitely memorable. He also brought me a Mudd bag that I carried, like, everywhere after that.
Oddly enough, he started singing the hook from this the other day for no apparent reason, and stared right into my eyes while doing so. I smiled. Partly because of that karaoke thing!
So, while we weren't best friends--but good friends-- at the time, I think this is still a fair choice.

No comments: